To hopefully provide warmth this wintry Rochester weekend, here’s an update on some Wings Things to look forward to.
* Our typical off-season Friday posting will take a break next weekend, as we head off to TwinsFest 2011 in Blaine, MN just north of Minneapolis. American Airlines and The Hotel Minneapolis present our exclusive coverage, beginning Thursday Jan. 27 in the News section of RedWingsBaseball.com. TwinsFest is an annual fundraiser for the Minnesota Twins Community Fund, and features the entire 40-man roster plus several top prospects. For TwinsBaseball.com info on TwinsFest, click here; to look back at our heart-warming coverage from last year’s TwinsFest, click here.
* While TwinsFest provides a focal point for the fans of Twins Territory, our annual shareholders’ meeting next Saturday provides the annual overview of Rochester Community Baseball. Red Wings manager Tom Nieto will discuss the ball club and answer questions from fans at the meeting, to be held at the Doubletree Hotel in Henrietta; you can also catch Tom on the local airwaves, when he joins 1280 AM/107.3 FM WHTK’s John DiTullio between 5-6 p.m. Friday afternoon, and 1180 AM WHAM’s Bob Matthews between 6:30-7 p.m. Friday evening.
* Speaking of appearances, RCB President/COO/CEO Naomi Silver is the featured speaker at the Center for Dispute Settlement’s 21st Annual Awards Luncheon Feb. 8th at the Rochester Plaza Hotel. Find out more at CDSADR.org.
* We’re happy to announce the addition to the Red Wings front office lineup of three talented teammates: Eric Friedman, Derek Swanson and John Blotzer. Eric and Derek were marketing/promotions assistants during the 2010 season, and now officially begin their pro baseball careers in our Groups/Picnics Department. Both are Saint John Fisher College grads. Eric is from East Syracuse, follows the Boston Red Sox, and lists Dustin Martin as his fave Red Wing player. Derek is from Rome, NY and a Yankees fan, and enjoyed watching Toby Gardenhire play for the Wings last summer.
John is our new Director of Game Day Production, heading up our in-stadium video board, closed circuit telecast, and live TWCS game telecast pieces. John takes over for Jeff Coltoniak, and joins us after working for both Toledo and Durham in the IL. John’s from Pittsburgh, and thus a big Pirates fan.
* Fans loved the Red Wings Legends Card Set that debuted in 2010, presented by CollectorFest Monthly. We’re happy to say the Legends set will return in 2011, with dates to be announced soon; five players from last year’s set will return with a new card as part of the 2011 20-card set. Two players from the Minnesota Twins era (2003-present) will be honored with a card this year; and we can tell you that Freddie Beene and Tommy Shopay – pound for pound, two of the best and most popular Wings in the 1970′s – are also part of the set.
Regular Season Schedule
Season Ticket Information | Ticket Information
Group, Picnic & Outdoor Suite Information
Knot Hole Gang Kids’ Club | Ballpark Birthdays
Official Facebook | Official Twitter